Homeopaths have found that with correct care remedies can last for several generations. Proper handling and storage of the homeopathic remedies are needed in order to avoid possible contamination.
BEST PRACTICES WHEN CARING FOR HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
- Remedies should be kept away from strong light and direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperatures higher than 100 degrees.
- Keep remedies away from electronics such as microwaves or cell phones.
- Keep remedies away from exposure to strong odors like camphor, menthol, mothballs, eucalyptus, or perfumes.
- Store remedies in the container in which they were supplied.
- Never transfer remedies into another bottle which has contained other substances.
- Vials should be opened for administration for the minimum time possible.
- Do not contaminate the cap or cork before returning it to the vial.
- Use a protective bag to protect remedies from mobile phone radiation.
- Avoid handling the remedy with your fingers, use tweezers.
- If, by accident, more pellets than the number specified in the recommended dose are shaken out of the bottle, do not return them to the container; throw the excess away to avoid possible contamination.
- Never water a plant with excess liquid remedies.
- If mixing a remedy with water, always add the water to the container before the remedy and not the other way around.
- Always take a remedy as directed by your homeopath.
- Do not share your remedy with friends or relatives.
WHEN IN DOUBT, REPLACE THE REMEDY
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to determine if remedies have been spoiled or contaminated. There is no way of testing to see if a remedy is still good. If there is any doubt as to the viability of a remedy. A good rule of thumb is: when in doubt, replace the remedy.
If a well-chosen remedy is not acting as expected, and the remedy came from a container that has been used and been open for several years, it is time to replace it with a fresh container.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HOMEOPATHY?
If you would like to learn more about caring for your family with homeopathy, sign up for my newsletter or contact me for a 30-minute wellness consultation.
Copyright © 2014 –, Myra Nissen.
Would you like to include this article in your newsletter or website? You can as long as you include the following blurb with it:
This article was brought to you by Myra Nissen, CCH, RSHom(NA), Board Certified Classical Homeopath. Myra teaches women how to recognize their body’s unique needs and cues and uses Homeopathy to help empower women to take control of their bodies, health, and well-being. Find out more, visit her blog www.myranissen.com/blog.